AMPLIFY Georgia envisions a state where ALL people can make decisions around their bodies, for their families, and their communities, free from stigma, shame, and violence. We are a collaborative of reproductive justice organizations and allies strategizing and implementing collective, bold, abortion-out-loud campaigns grounded in reproductive justice and rooted in the South. We organize to protect and expand abortion access in Georgia by identifying local and state-level opportunities for advocacy, culture shift work, education, and base building. Since 2018, AMPLIFY Georgia has been organizing for policy change in municipalities such as Atlanta, Clarkston, and South Fulton. Now, we are in a pivotal moment in time for organizational growth and restructuring as we expand our scope to include campaigns at the state level as well as in new municipalities and counties.
As AMPLIFY staff, we support our local changemakers and their work by facilitating collaborative campaigns and offering opportunities to cultivate leadership, build relationships with key stakeholders, and strengthen sustainability. AMPLIFY Georgia is seeking a State Campaign Manager to join our team of four.
The State Campaign Manager will work closely with a wide range of organizations in the broader Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice (RHRJ) Ecosystem. They will collaborate with organizations to develop and execute a multi-year, shared state RHRJ legislative strategy, which includes running short and long-term collaborative campaigns to pass proactive, RHRJ legislation. Although the campaigns will be led by partner organizations, this position will be instrumental in providing support to the campaign leads. The State Campaign Manager will allow partners to execute high quality, effective policy campaigns that expand access to abortion care and promote reproductive justice across Georgia. This position will also continuously build and deepen relationships with current and potential new partners and allies to increase coordination of state legislative work across the ecosystem. During the legislative session, this position will track and report out on relevant legislation and support partners to engage in rapid response efforts, as needed. Between legislative sessions, the State Campaign Manager will support the campaigns to continue to educate and organize their bases and cultivate relationships with key elected officials so as to maintain momentum.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to have (1) deep Georgia legislative policy experience, (2) familiarity with running campaigns, and (3) a proven track record of facilitating collaborative work across a diverse set of organizations.
- Facilitate a collaborative process for partners and allies to develop a multi-year shared RHRJ state legislative agenda
- Support partners to design and implement both short and long-term campaigns to advance progressive RHRJ policies aligned with the state legislative agenda
- Provide management support and technical assistance to partners and allies to design and implement joint events to raise their campaign’s visibility, educate and mobilize key stakeholders, and otherwise advance our campaign goals
- Work closely with the Local Campaign Coordinator to ensure alignment between work at all levels
Policy Research, Tracking and Rapid Response
- Track and report on the relevant policies in the municipalities and counties where AMPLIFY works
- Research policy opportunities and threats in Georgia and stay up-to-date on developments in other states and localities relevant to Georgia
- Identify opportunities for policy rapid response and support partners to lead response efforts
State Legislative Session Coordination
- Convene partners and allies (as necessary) during the state legislative session to share legislative updates, strategize, and coordinate advocacy and rapid response efforts
- Facilitate communication between partners outside of convenings to increase collaboration during the legislative session
- Cultivate strong, collaborative working relationships with existing AMPLIFY partners and cultivate new/deepen existing relationships with external partners and allies, supporting them to engage in RJ work, especially related to abortion access in Georgia
- Provide strategic support and technical assistance to partners as it relates to advancing abortion access in Georgia, including connecting partners with both internal and external resources to strengthen their capacity and develop their leadership
- Support partners to build and deepen relationships with local elected officials and other decision-makers as part of their campaign work
- Create opportunities to mobilize partner bases through AMPLIFY campaigns. Support partners to build their base and engage them effectively in AMPLIFY campaigns
- Facilitate effective communication and information sharing between campaigns at the state and local level
- Works closely with the Communication and Digital Strategist on campaign framing and messaging, including assisting in the developing action alerts, social media messaging, one-pagers, toolkits and other resources, press releases, and other communication material
- Collaborate with Communication and Digital Strategist to develop and implement effective digital organizing and communications strategies for campaigns
- Support program evaluation and tracking grant deliverables in collaboration with other staff
- Support with proposal development and grant reporting as it relates to program design and budgeting.
- Participate in organizational strategy development
- Stay up to date on developments in abortion access in the U.S. and the Reproductive Justice movement
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working in grassroots organizing, political or issue campaigns and/or policy advocacy, preferably at the state level.
- Strong Georgia legislative policy experience and ability to track and report out on relevant legislation in a clear and timely manner.
- Proven track record of facilitating collaborative work, preferably managing coalitions.
- Experience assessing organizational needs and procuring appropriate resources and training to meet these needs.
- A strong understanding of and commitment to the Reproductive Justice Framework and abortion access.
- A commitment to AMPLIFY’s vision and core values
- Demonstrated project and campaign management experience.
- Strong relationship building and management skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- A proven ability to work well on diverse teams and to manage conflict in a respectful and productive way.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a highly collaborative environment while still independently following through on assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience organizing and leading campaigns in Georgia
- Experience mentoring or coaching others
- Experience with policy design
- Digital organizing skills
Salary range is $65,000-$75,000 with comprehensive benefits including health, dental, retirement, holiday, sick and vacation leave, and an employee assistance program.
How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We regret that we will only be able to contact those applicants selected for
an interview. Email with subject line [First and Last Name] State Campaign Manager.