AMPLIFY Georgia envisions a state where ALL people can make decisions around their bodies, for their families, and their communities, free from stigma, shame, and violence. We are a collaborative of reproductive justice organizations and allies strategizing and implementing collective, bold, abortion-out-loud campaigns grounded in reproductive justice and rooted in the South. We organize to protect and expand abortion access in Georgia by identifying local and state-level opportunities for advocacy, culture shift work, education, and base building. Since 2018, AMPLIFY Georgia has been organizing for policy change in municipalities such as Atlanta, Clarkston, and South Fulton. Now, we are in a pivotal moment in time for organizational growth and restructuring as we expand our scope to include campaigns at the state level as well as in new municipalities and counties.
As AMPLIFY staff, we support our local changemakers and their work by facilitating collaborative campaigns and offering opportunities to cultivate leadership, build relationships with key stakeholders, and strengthen sustainability. AMPLIFY Georgia is seeking a Local Campaign Coordinator to join our team of four.
The Local Campaign Coordinator will provide hands-on support to AMPLIFY partners to identify opportunities to protect and expand access to abortion care in Georgia. They will work with partners to design and implement collaborative campaigns that (1) advance a strong narrative around reproductive justice and the need for universal abortion access and (2) support progressive policy change in Georgia municipalities and counties. An essential piece of this work will be building our partners’ capacity to engage in local policy advocacy and ultimately lead campaigns in current and new municipalities. This position will be instrumental in coordinating work across multiple local campaigns as well as working closely with the State Campaign Manager to maximize synergies between the state and local work.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to have experience with local policy advocacy and organizing and a strong commitment to facilitating collaborative work across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Work with campaign partners to develop local RHRJ policy agenda that center abortion access.
- Work with partners to design and implement local campaigns aligned with the policy agenda for each municipality or county.
- With AMPLIFY partners, plan and implement events to raise the AMPLIFY campaign’s visibility, educate and mobilize key stakeholders, and otherwise advance our campaign goals. Also participate in other related partner events.
- Manage AMPLIFY’s Atlanta Organizing Committee (OC), including scheduling and facilitating meetings, cultivating relationships with and developing OC members’ leadership, and supporting the OC to implement their own programming in alignment with existing campaigns.
- Work closely with the State Campaign Manager to ensure alignment between work at all levels.
Policy Research, Tracking and Rapid Response
- Track and report on the relevant policies in the municipalities and counties where AMPLIFY works
- Research policy opportunities and threats in Georgia and stay up-to-date on developments in other states and localities relevant to Georgia.
- Identify opportunities for policy rapid response and support partners to lead response efforts.
- Cultivate strong, collaborative working relationships with existing AMPLIFY partners and cultivate new/deepen existing relationships with external partners and allies, supporting them to engage in RJ work, especially related to abortion access in Georgia.
- Provide strategic support and technical assistance to partners as it relates to advancing abortion access in Georgia, including connecting partners with both internal and external resources to strengthen their capacity and develop their leadership.
- Support partners to build and deepen relationships with local elected officials and other decision-makers as part of their campaign work.
- Create opportunities to mobilize partner bases through AMPLIFY campaigns. Support partners to build their base and engage them effectively in AMPLIFY campaigns.
- Facilitate effective communication and information sharing between campaigns at the state and local level.
- Works closely with the Communication and Digital Strategist on campaign framing and messaging, including assisting in the developing action alerts, social media messaging, one-pagers, toolkits and other resources, press releases, and other communication material.
- Collaborate with Communication and Digital Strategist to develop and implement effective digital organizing and communications strategies for campaigns
- Support program evaluation and tracking grant deliverables in collaboration with other staff
- Support with proposal development and grant reporting as it relates to program design and budgeting.
- Participate in organizational strategy development
- Stay up to date on developments in abortion access in the U.S. and the Reproductive Justice movement
Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience working in grassroots organizing, political or issue campaigns, and/or policy advocacy, preferably at the municipal and county level.
- Possesses general knowledge of local government (municipal and county) policies, structures, and processes.
- Experience with policy monitoring and research.
- A strong understanding of and commitment to the Reproductive Justice Framework and abortion access.
- A commitment to AMPLIFY’s vision and values
- A proven ability to work well on diverse teams and to manage conflict in a respectful and productive way.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly collaborative environment and work independently to meet deadlines.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project and campaign management skills. Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Comfort with a flexible work schedule, including the ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Experience in grassroots organizing and campaign management in Georgia
- Digital organizing skills
- Strong facilitation and training skills
- Experience managing coalitions
- Proficiency in languages other than English
Salary range is $55,000-$65,000 with comprehensive benefits including health, dental, retirement, holiday, sick and vacation leave, and an employee assistance program.
How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We regret that we will only be able to contact those applicants selected for
an interview. Email with subject line [First and Last Name] Local Campaign Coordinator.